This is my now page, with a list of projects that I am currently working on, and an abbreviated list of things that I am thinking about.
I currently live in Los Angeles, working and writing. I am training for an bikepacking trip, lifting heavy weights, running with intention, and practicing yoga. I am hyperfocused on climate science, behavioral analysis, and learning as much as possible. Here’s a link to my Spotify if you want to see my brain soundtrack and please follow my stream of consciousness on Twitter!
Short Term Projects
Current Article Drafts
- Wikipedia is the Backbone of the Internet
- Anti-automobile (truck bloat)
- The Economics of Food Trucks
- The History of Fossil Fuels
- A Model for the Future of Grocery Stores
- P-Hacking in the Sports Industry
- Car Sales: My Time in the Most-Disliked Profession
- Climate Change and the Bliss of Ignorance
Current Ideas / Things I’m Thinking About / Questions I Have
- Vending machine economics
- A Southerner on the coast – the paradox of American regions ? [Middle America]
- Transportation as economic power
- Are we becoming Wall-E?
- The predecessor to great ideas = Nook -> Peloton
- Green Bay Packers are owned by community ?
- Why do we have credit scores?
- Virtual identity and avatars via Poki
- Betting markets – election, sports, etc.
- The Unbundling of Education
- Cows and greenhouse gases
- Making money: new product adoption versus growth opportunities
- Justin Bieber and Crocs: the Influencer premium
- Creator monetization in TikTok vs Instagram
- The Selectivity of Chick-fil-A franchisee operators
- IBM and patent stickiness
- Americans are so indebt that its hard to stimulate the economy with stimulus checks
- The greatest trick information ever pulled was convincing the world that only words, pictures, and sounds are information
- “When faced with a major paradigm shift, analysts who know the most about a subject have the most to unlearn.” Richards Heuer, Psychology of Intelligence Analysis
- Climbing the mountain, but nothing is there
- We don’t need new stuff, we just need improved stuff
- The public markets for personalities
- All abuse of power begins in the abuse of language (fewer vs less)
- The creator economy
- The grading algorithm
- Derivatives are the driver for the underlying
- Women in Horror
- Temp in body relative to temp of earth
- Why do we have allergies (male trees)
- IPOs and sneaker drops
- Small business lending vs home ownership
- Teaching platforms that are focused on detail, not ‘education’
- What makes a community? What about our parents?
- Financial literacy: removing, not adding another thing
- Why do people hate bikes?
- how we treat shopping carts defines our existence
Long Term Projects
- Game Theory for Babies (a children’s book)
- Valuation / Accounting Quick Guide
- Gamification of Financial Literacy
- Southern-focused VC fund